If you’ve been injured at work or by a slip and fall or been bitten by a neighbor’s dog, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, loss of work and even pain and suffering. To determine if you need to hire a personal injury attorney, consider these points:
- If you’ve been the victim of a personal injury, your primary concern is getting better. It might not be the best time to try and handle things on your own at such a painful and emotional time. An attorney will be able to be more objective about your case. You might be inclined to settle for the first offer, your attorney can advise you to seek a better settlement.
- Insurance companies don’t want to make a payout, but experienced attorneys know the law and know how to work with insurance companies to get you the best payment in a timely manner.
- A good personal injury attorney can save you the time, effort and money of filing your own case if they don’t think you have a case worth of pursuing and can determine if your case can be settled out of court or if it should go to trial.
- Attorneys are used to negotiating and will fight to get you the best settlement as quickly as possible.
- The process is complicated when it comes to the confusing legal terms and paperwork that comes with insurance claims, medical forms and other lengthy documents that must be analyzed to resolve your claim. Personal injury attorneys understand all the legal and medical terms and will save you the time and headache of trying to do it yourself.
- Attorneys are best qualified to work with other attorneys. Your attorney might even know opposing counsel and will be able to work directly with that attorney in negotiating your case.
- If the circumstances of your case aren’t clear or fault needs to be determined, most personal injury attorneys have expert witnesses they work with who can examine the evidence that could be relevant to your case.
- If a trial winds up becoming necessary, an experience attorney can get you the best outcome with a jury (selection), as they are experienced in the court process.
- Personal injury attorneys don’t charge a fee unless you win so you don’t have an upfront charge. The attorney’s fees will be subtracted from your settlement.
The Hayes Firm has been helping personal injury clients since the 1970's. Founder Bill Hayes has developed a national reputation for his truthful and approachable method of helping victims in need. Bill developed Best Local Attorney in order to offer his free lawyer consultation services to individuals all over the country. Because of his years of networking as a trial attorney, he is able to find the best counsel, no matter where the injury occurred.
Best Local Attorney